Agbor Regina is a business and tax lawyer and the associate managing partner of the law firm. She currently heads the Business & Tax Law Department of the law firm and is one of the founding partners of the firm. She holistically combines transactional advice with a strong business law background. She is fluent in English and French and is a very effective mediator. She is the chair of the Law Practice Management Section of the Cameroon Professional Lawyers Association (CPLA).
Practicing law within three law firms specialized in different areas of law, in the economic city of Douala since 2014, Regina has gathered a wealth of experience in diverse areas of law cutting across corporate and business law, tax law, entertainment aspects of intellectual property law, hotels, resorts and tourism law, gaming law, real estate law, labour and employment law, investment & trade finance law, projects law, corporate governance, commercial and contract management, insolvency, corporate transactions, corporate finance and securities and commercial litigation, consumer protection law, insurance law, arbitration and mediation.
LLB (honours), Common law & Civil law, University of Yaoundé II (2010)
LLM (honours), OHADA Business Law, University of Yaoundé II (2012)
Ph.D Business Law, University of Yaoundé (ongoing)
Areas of Practice
Regina specializes in business and tax law, corporate governance and practice, transactional legal practice, restructuring corporations, commercial alliances, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, tax litigation, venture capital, environmental law aspects of doing business, business organisations, regulation of international trade, trade finance law, corporate finance law, corporate transactions, international business transactions, commercial law, competition law, commercial litigation and arbitration.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a major actor in the distribution sector on the legal rules that structure the financing of businesses in that sector in Cameroon and the local business financing environment.
- Advised the shareholders of a corporation in the food sector on the appropriate capital structure to increase business value and raise operating capital.
- Helped draft a major joint venture agreement between three corporations in the cocoa sector in Cameroon.
- Advised a cement company in the health, safety and environmental laws and regulations applicable in the cement sector in Cameroon.
Advised and assisted, along with a team of other lawyers, three corporations in the forestry sector in a merger transaction.
- Advised a major actor in the ebony sector on regulations relating to harvesting and exporting of ebony wood.
- Advised and assisted a leading global online betting corporation in relation to the expansion of its activities into the Republic of Cameroon and licensing requirements.
- Acted for a bank in a real property attachment proceeding relating to an unpaid bank loan by a corporate client.
- Represented a leading African bank in a sequestration (freezing order) procedure involving an important unpaid loan.
- Represented a private limited company as counsel in an ad hoc arbitration matter relating to the recovery of unpaid agreed hiring fees.
- Acted for a rapidly expanding fitness center in negotiating and drafting a collaborative agreement between the founders of the fitness centre and its financial partners.
- Represented and assisted several corporate clients in tax litigation proceedings before administrative and judicial authorities.